Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Camelot

So I’ve finally watched the two premiere episodes of Camelot.
I’m not really sure what I thought of it. I found Morgan’s voice annoying, and she’s always been my favourite character, so I was trying so hard to like her. The second episode did more for me than the first in terms of her character and I liked the reinvention of the sword in the stone and Merlin’s little quip to the sceptic, ‘Piss off’.  But unfortunately it also introduced Guinevere. Now I know it had to, it’s Guinevere after all but as much as I’ve always loved Morgan, I’ve always hated Guinevere. She’s a troublemaker and not in the good way like Morgan, but in the annoying, selfish, petulant, wilfully naïve way that I find infuriating.
But enough about the show, which regardless of my doubts I will return to next week, let’s move on to the pictures.

For this post I decided to take inspiration from the title of Starz new show and look for pictures of the famous castle that is Camelot. How clever I thought I was, little did I know…
I managed to find very few pictures  of the castle at large, and god it was difficult. If anyone knows of any awesome Camelot pics I beg you, where, where did you find them?

Anyway here's what I managed to scrape together.

The First Knight (Jerry Zucker, 1995).

Illustration of Camelot by Gustave Doré from Lord Alfred Tennyson’s Idylls of a King (1868).

BBC Merlin (Julian Jones, Julian Murphy, Johnny Capps, Jake Michie, 2008-?)


Arthur and Lancelot by Howard David Johnson (http://www.howarddavidjohnson.com/).

So that's that, and that is Camelot.


To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

1 comment:

  1. All the information you shared is tremendously great. Thanks for sharing such a helpful and creative post.
    Rubens paintings

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...